It’s Friday, and I’m joining the community of Five Minute Friday at the Gypsy Mama for some free writing. The rules are simple. Follow the writing prompt, no extreme editing, write for five minutes flat and (most importantly) encourage the person who linked up just before you. Feel free to join us!
Today’s word is WIDE.
“For this reason, I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man; so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.” ~Ephesians 3:14-19
Unfathomable. Inexpressible. That’s how wide is His love for me.
- Wide enough to bridge the canyon of my insecurities.
- Wide enough to include sinner and saint – of which I am both.
- Wide enough to reach the depths of my pain and pull me from a pit of despair.
- Wide enough to cover the wretchedness of my heart, and to see not what I am or what I have been, but what He knows I can be.
- Wide enough to heal the broken places in my soul, to breathe new life into my weary bones and remind me that I am His.
- Wide enough to empower me to lavish that love on others… in extravagant and beautiful ways.
And it’s wide enough for you too. Embrace that, today.
#FiveMinuteFriday – Check out the Five Minute Friday Party here.